For the rationale behind many of the technical decisions, see Footy Class Intentions. We also have a 2005 article by Roger Stollery giving some less technical background information.
IFCA Technical committee
Please contact Bill Hagerup in the first instance.Requesting Interpretations
IFCA policy on requests for interpretation of class rules.
- IFCA encourages discussion around the class rules
- IFCA encourages NCS officers to answer questions about the class rules at national level wherever possible.
- IFCA encourages Owners to discuss the class rules with their NCA/NCS, In Footy class Forum's, and elsewhere, and encourages IFCA and NCA/NCS officers to participate in such debate.
- IFCA emphasises that while such discussion and debate should involve the exchange of informed opinion, any views expressed are neither official nor authoritative and do not represent IFCA's position.
- IFCA encourages an NCA/NCS officer to request an official interpretation from the IFCA Technical Committee via the IFCA chairman in all cases where and NCA/NCS officer feels this would be useful
- In general, it is the NCA/NCS which is the source of official requests for interpretation.
- Official requests should be submitted to the IFCA TSC with supporting documentation that provides diagrams, quotes relevant rules, and gives a summary of the issues.
- Where the IFCA TC becomes aware of a discussion about the class rules that, in its view, should be the subject of an interpretation, the TC may make an official request on behalf of the class.
- All official requests for interpretation are announced by the Chairman on the Footy class Web site so that all interested parties are clear whether an interpretation has been officially requested or not
NCA - National class association
NCSs - National Class Secretaries
TC - Technical committee